The Department of Law is established under the Faculty of Social Science, offering a 3 year full-time undergraduate programme leading to the honours degree of LLB. Dafydd Evans is the first Head of the Department. There are initially only 3 academic staff (Dafydd Evans, John Rear and Bernard Downey, later to be joined by Alan Smith). The initial intake is 40 students and the Department is located at 154-158 Caine Road, a 3-storey block of flats built in 1921 as police officers’ married quarters.
|154-158, Caine Road, Hong Kong.|
|The First batch in 1969 including the 3 academic staff and Mr Malcolm Quinn the Law Librarian.|